Alex Habersham and Louise Wilson representing Macon Black Pages With participants of the Middle Ga Caregiving Conference…
CARE-NET (Caregivers Network) program – a unique volunteer coalition of caregiver support organizations across a broad array of illnesses and disabilities.
Who Can Join? Coalition members include volunteer leaders and advocates from community and state agencies, private corporations, churches and family caregivers who provide ongoing information, assistance, counseling, training and support groups for caregivers throughout Georgia.
What Do They Do?
• Link professional and family caregivers in a supportive community concerned with caregiving.
• Identify community caregiving strengths and needs
• Implement effective educational programs for caregivers
• Organize community forums on caregiving issues
• Provide a source of support for caregivers
• Foster strong relationships among community leaders concerned about caregivers
• Help agencies and stakeholders work collaboratively, coordinating human and fiscal resources
• Educate the public and legislators about caregiving
• Identify policy issues and advocate on behalf of caregivers